The Beachside Resident is partnering with the Brevard Humane Society to put on this year’s 56th Annual Easter Surf Contest and the 7th Annual East Coast Dog Surfing Championships, held at Lori Wilson Park April 11th-12th, 2020.
Over the past few years, we raised over $25,000 for local charitable organizations through this event. Part of the funds helped build the Roosevelt Playground thanks to the support of the Cocoa Beach Kiwanis Club. Come spend the day on the beach and show your support to this 2-day grassroots event.
SATURDAY, April 11th:
• Men’s & Women’s OPEN: Event window begins 7:00 AM – 1:30 PM “Wave Dependant”
• Menehune Free-for-all: Tentative window 1:30 – 2:30 PM
• Alternative Board Exhibitions: 2:00 – 3:00 pm
• Award Party: 3:00 pm Surf Winners Announced
• “Surf Stomp” Offical After Party (TBD) Surf All-Day Rock All-Night: 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Meet-n-greet for celebrity appearances. Celebrating Florida’s surf culture. Live music, silent auction and an in Memory of Gary Propper Surf Exhibition.
SUNDAY, April 12th:
• ESC Surfing Bunnies free-for-all: Grab your bunny costume and your surfboard, join us at Lori Wilson Park as we kick off Easter Sunday schedule of events. Bunnies Free-for-all 9:00 – 10:00 AM
• Dog Surfing Lessons (Brevard Humane Society Tent) sign your dog up for a surf lesson. Limited Space 10:00 – 12:00 PM and 2:00 – 4:00 PM
• Dog Easter Outfit Contest: Dress your pup up and win some prizes 10:00 – 11:00 AM
• Egg Hunt 11:00 AM
• Police K9 Demonstrations 11:30am – 12:00
• Dog Surfing Championship 7th Annual East Coast Dog Surfing Championships Pro/Am 12:00 – 2:00 PM
• Dog Bikini Contest 2:00 – 3:00 PM
• Award Party: 3 pm East Coast Dog Surfing Championship Winners Announced.